Quitting smoking is the best thing you will ever do for your health, your family, and your pocket too!
Here are some of the benefits you will notice after quitting smoking:
- You will save money – the average smoker has 13 cigarettes a day, which works out as 364 cigarettes a month. That’s £141 a month and £1,696 a year that you could be saving by not smoking.
- Your sense of taste will return and you will enjoy the taste of food more.
- Your breathing and general fitness will improve.
- The appearance of your skin and teeth will improve.
- You’ll be more confident in social situations because you won’t smell of stale smoke any more.
- Your fertility levels will improve, along with your chances of having a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- You will protect the health of those around you by not exposing them to second-hand smoke, however careful you think you are being.
- You will reduce the chances of your children suffering from bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma attacks, meningitis and ear infections.
Find out more about the benefits of quitting smoking
Your local stop smoking support services
- Provide – Stop Smoking Support Services
Provide’s dedicated team offers free advice and support to help you stop smoking. Find out more here, or get in touch:
Tel: 0300 303 9988
For local help with stop smoking or lifestyle behaviour change the FREE Essex Lifestyles Service can support you or connect you to the right place for you.