Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice in Essex
Last updated 26th January 2021
This is our dedicated Coronavirus hub page for the latest information in Essex:
Advice and guidance
The latest NHS advice on staying at home can be found on their website.
Mid and South Essex Health Partnership have produced some information on how to treat mild Coronavirus symptoms at home.
If you are worried about your symptoms, use the online NHS 111 coronavirus service.
Stay At Home
We are currently in a national lockdown. This means you must:
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
Read the Prime Minister’s address for the latest information.
For guidance on what you can and can’t do, see the Government guidance here.
Mental health support while at home
- Visit our mental wellbeing page for advice and tips on how to stay mentally well at home
- How to maintain healthy relationships while at home
- Mental health support for children and young people during COVID-19